Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Dark Side of OZ

For those of you that have never done it. Here is a link that shows some of the more creepy sync ups when watching The Wizard of Oz, while listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. I have done this many many times, and I think this link misses some of the more eerie sync ups, but it's nice to look at anyway. My personal favorite one is when the cash registers that open Money kick in right when Dorothy opens the door to reveal the technicolor wonderment of Oz. The one that I like very much that was missed is when we first see the Scarecrow is when the song Brain Damage starts, and that's on the second time through the disc. I don't subscribe to the belief that the members of Pink Floyd made their album to go along with this movie, but I do think that the stuff that does sync up is pretty cool. Anyway here is the link.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/03/20/video-mashup-dark-side-of-oz/

3 comments:

Wedgehead said...

Nothing but dumb coincidence.

If you take enough acid, I'm sure one can 'link' anything with anything. I think time would better spent playing records backwards and listening for what may or may not be the sounds of satanic commands. Then, at least one can warn the public of the coming of the anti-Christ, or something productive like that.

Housefairy said...

Its coincedence but not dumb-actually really funny and amusing and even cool--to me when the **mood is right**

I feel a semi-direct link to the imagined 70's kids who discovered this and blew their minds! It makes me smile.

Wedgehead said...

But what about the children? Won't somebody think of the children? All those records with the satanic commands won't play themselves! It's up to the children to save us from ourselves!!!!!